- Nicodemus the curious Religious Leader who came to "check Jesus out".
- A Samaritan woman at a rural water well, who Jesus could have quickly dismissed - but did not.
- A man who had been disabled for thirty-eight years, enabled to walk (and carry his bed!) by Jesus.
- A man born blind, given sight to see by Jesus.
- Lazarus who had died, whom Jesus raised from the dead. Mary & Martha, Lazarus' sisters.
- Jubilant crowds and angry Pharisees in the triumphal entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday.
- An encounter of unequal power with Pontius Pilate, the Roman Governor (Good Friday)
- Mary Magdalene, the first witness of the risen Jesus (Easter Day).